Everything you need to know about the non-surgical facelift!
Turkey necks, sagging skin, hooded eyes, wrinkles and fine lines – finally, there’s a treatment that attacks all those pesky signs of ageing, without any needles or scalpels.
It’s called Ultraformer III, and with over 10 million successful treatments under its belt, it’s quickly landed the title of the world’s number one ultrasound lifting and tightening device. We’re more than a little excited to make this innovative treatment available to you across all our clinics, but first, here’s everything you need to know about Ultraformer III.
What is it?
Ultraformer III is an innovative ultrasound device that uses precise skin pulses to tighten, lift and reduce wrinkles, leaving you with immediate and long-lasting results and little or no down time.
How does it work?
The Ultraformer III uses micro and macro focused ultrasound (MAFU) technology to precisely target multiple deeper layers of the skin, including the SMAS layer (which is the layer that surgeons pull back when doing a face lift), stimulating new collagen and providing long-term tightening of the skin.
The Ultraformer III also has a unique ‘wrinkle cartridge’, which is a 2.0mm macro focused cartridge that can treat superficial wrinkles around the eyes and lips more effectively than other skin tightening technology.
Who is it good for?
Ultraformer III is perfect for anyone looking to lift and tighten sagging skin on their face or body. It’s also great for treating fine lines and wrinkles.
What happens during a treatment?
An Ultraformer III face and neck treatment takes approximately 60 minutes. During the treatment, the treatment area is cleaned and dried, before an ultrasound transmission gel is applied to the area. Our nurses then gradually move the Ultraformer III device over the treatment area, and let it work its magic!
Is it painful?
Overall, no, however momentary discomfort may be experienced during the treatment in certain areas while the ultrasound energy is being delivered.
How many treatments are required?
One treatment per year is recommended for those with mild to moderate skin laxity. Those with more severe laxity may require a second treatment around the three-month mark and then yearly after that.
When will I see results?
Many of our clients see tightening immediately post treatment. Facial contours and fine lines show further improvement around the eight-week mark, with peak results generally experienced around 12 weeks.
What do I do post treatment?
Most people can return to their regular activities immediately following an Ultraformer III treatment, however we recommend the following for post care:
- Wash your skin with cold or warm water (avoid hot water)
- Avoid exposing your skin to extremes of hot and cold
- Protect your skin with a sun block cream (minimum 30+ SPF)
You can resume your skincare and makeup regime immediately following Ultraformer III, however we recommend the use of the following to enhance the results of your treatment:
- Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, AHA/BHA and Vitamin A products
- A cosmeceutical strength eye cream
Your nurse will advise you on the essential actives required for your skin.
What are the possible risks and complications?
The precision of Ultraformer III makes complications rare. However, possible risks and complications, which your nurse will explain in detail to you, are:
- Swelling: The treated area may exhibit mild swelling; however, this typically resolves within one to three days.
- Redness: The treated area may exhibit redness; however, this typically resolves within a few hours of treatment.
- Tenderness: The treated area may be tender to touch following your treatment. This typically resolves within two weeks of treatment.
- Mild bruising: Mild bruising may occur occasionally as a result of damage to soft tissue blood vessels. This typically resolves within one to three weeks of treatment.
- A mild lump: A mild lump may occur due to the strong energy emitted from the Ultraformer III. This typically resolves within two weeks of treatment.
Is there anyone this treatment doesn’t suit?
Ultraformer III is not recommended for people with:
- Open facial wounds or lesions
- Severe or cystic acne on the face or neck
- Metal stents/implants in the face or neck
How much can I expect to pay?
Ultraformer III treatments start from $395 for smaller areas, such as the eyes and increase to approximately $2,150 for full face and neck treatments. Note: prices may vary depending on your individual treatment needs, contact our team today to find out more information.