Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Having long been recognised in surgical and sports medicine for its enhanced wound healing properties, this revolutionary approach actively stimulates collagen producing skin cells using your own platelets to improve your skins plumpness and elasticity, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and enhance skin tone.
- Uses your own blood platelets to improve your skins plumpness and elasticity.
- Enhances your overall skin tone.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Increases effectiveness of fractionated lasers.
- Leaves your skin with the beautiful radiance of healthy new skin.
- Fantastic for rejuvenating:
- The crepey skin around eyes
- Your face and cheeks
How does it work?
A topical anaesthetic is applied to the area that will be treated. A sample of blood is taken and the plasma component, which contains the growth factor rich platelets, is separated using a centrifuge. This is then injected into the required areas. It is common to have pinpoint bleeding at the injection sites and some bruising, which can be minimized using the Omnilux Medical™ light. The whole process generally takes about 1 hour.
For best results, 3 treatments are usually recommended with about 1 month between each treatment – however this will vary depending on your skin density loss.
Who is it for?
If you are concerned by any areas of skin that start to lose elasticity and volume, PRP is a highly effective method for stimulating your body’s cells to produce new, healthy looking skin.